Thursday, September 1, 2011

16) Re-cycled Plastic Knife Wreath



After our last party I went to put away the remaining plastic silverware and discovered that I had close to 100 plastic knives. I always buy the multi-pack plastic silverware packs and nobody ever uses the knives, so after a few parties I was left with a lot of knives. After a few days of trying to decide what to do with the knives I pulled out the hot glue gun and begin gluing the knives together. Using just a little bit of hot glue at the tip (the end you spread with) of each knife I glued together three knives at a time, making a little bunch or cluster. After arranging the clusters together with the tips pointed to the center I begin gluing each cluster of three knives together to create a large circle or sun. Next I added a little extra glue around the center to help hold the knives together. To finish it off and cover up a little of the glue around the center, and to keep with the plastic knife theme I cut the bottom of a red plastic cup and glued it into the center.

2 comments:

  1. I blogged about this project tonight but I can't find a contact email addy to let you know. The link is here...
    http://prayersncrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/hand-crafted-christmas-gift-ideas-re.html

    I'll try to let you know on your FB page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evelyn thank you so much for sharing this! I will be checking your blog to see the rest of your Christmas gift projects! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete